- St. John of God Primary School is a Catholic all-girls school located at Upper New St. near the centre of Kilkenny City.
- There are 347 girls enrolled in our school, from Junior Infants to 6th Class.
- There are seventeen teachers in the school [Administrative Principal; 13 mainstream class teachers; 3 Special Education (S.E.N.) teachers] and one S.N.A.
- The school consists of 13 classrooms; 3 Learning Support/Resource rooms; seomra spraoi (multi-purpose room); staffroom; offices and a state-of-the-art drama hall.
- There is a large playground which contains a basketball court, school garden and green area. The school has access to the Parish Field on Cootes Lane for P.E. and for Gaelic Football & Camogie training and matches.
- Each classroom is equipped with a variety of ICT tools including data projectors, visualisers and laptops.
- The school is in close proximity to a variety of amenities e.g. Castle Park, James Stephen’s GAA Club, The Watershed, Loughboy Library etc. The school makes full use of these great resources throughout the year.
- School begins at 9.00 a.m. and finishes at 2.50 p.m. with the Junior & Senior Infant classes finishing at 1.50 p.m.
- Please read the brochure below for further information .
St. John of God P.S. Brochure